We are looking for a self-motivated person who could lead a team of people in heavy civil projects. If you have the drive, talent, a great attitude, and great client communication skills, and can handle the work descriptions below, you could do very well in this company.
The Construction Superintendent will be responsible for the day-to-day activities on-site with regard to project scope of scheduling, manpower, and budget.
This role works closely with the Project Manager, and will assist and supervise a crew including laborers, equipment operators, field technicians, and fusion technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Be the primary person on site responsible for safety, including implementing site specific health and safety plans, and company safety rules and policies.
* Review project scope/plans, specifications, schedule, budget, contract documents, and deliverables. Also, track equipment and labor cost.
* Provide assistance in setting up accounts with local hardware stores, rental companies, etc.
* Plan daily crew work schedule, review and approve crew time-sheets and expense reports.
* Supervise and assist, the gas system piping installations including, pipe fusion and installations, gas well drilling, earthwork, remediation, and other environmental project activities including demolition of structures, and remediation of contaminated property.
* Assists in operating one or several types of power construction equipment, such as excavators, graders, rough terrain extended boom forklifts, dozers, scrapers, back hoe, tractors, or loaders.
* Interview and hire personnel as needed.
* Complete daily logs of the work performed in the day, and send to the office by the following morning.
3 years supervising construction projects in a related field.
* High School diploma/GED preferred.
* A valid driver’s license with a good driving record is required.
* Proven track record of successful projects as a superintendent or foreman.
* Comprehensive knowledge of installation and/or operation and maintenance of environmental pollution control systems preferred.
* OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification, OSHA HAZWOPER Supervisor certification, OSHA Confined Space Entry Team certification, OSHA Excavation Safety Competent Person certification preferred.
* Experience or demonstrated high degree of aptitude in mechanical work; analytical problem solving and data analysis; interpretation of plans, specifications, schematics, manufacturer manuals, system operation and maintenance manuals; interpretation of applicable codes and regulations.
* Effective organizational as well as written and verbal communication skills.
* Meet physical requirements for driving (pick-up truck), lifting and carrying equipment/mechanical components (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), hand excavation/digging (using shovels/picks), carrying and climbing ladders, operating and working from man lifts, operating electric tools, (drills, saws, etc.), using hand tools, (screwdrivers, wrenches, hammers, etc.), and providing services under various weather conditions.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: $90,000-$110,000