The Project Engineer assists the team in obtaining, evaluating, coordinating, and distributing the necessary information and authorization to deliver the project on time, within budget and to the specified quality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review information entered by the field staff in Heavyjob & ProCore and ensure the data is accurate.
- Perform engineering analysis to support the decision-making process.
- Identify, save, archive, and distribute project documentation (plans, sketches, specifications). Includes maintaining files and documents, hard copies and electronic, in an extremely detailed oriented manner.
- Assist with the supplier/subcontractor buyout process including the request for proposals and sub evaluations/comparisons of bids.
- Draft, submit, and track all RFI’s and distribute to all teams members as appropriate.
- Prepare and maintain the submittal and procurement log. Manage the submittal process and ensure all submittals are processed promptly.
- Solicit and obtain bids from vendors and material suppliers.
- Coordinate work with project owner representatives, engineers, architects, inspectors, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Support the creation and monitoring of budgets and schedules.
- Communicate with towns and utility companies for procurement of permits, bonds, etc.
- Participate in and take notes, instructions or minutes from meetings. Distribute meeting minutes when required.
- Education: College Degree, preferred with major in Construction Management or Civil Engineering.
- A minimum of two years related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Ability to read and understand, and interpret construction contract documents, drawings, specifications, and scopes of work.
- Specialized knowledge: AutoCAD, HCSS, ProCore, Agtek and Microsoft Office (Including MS Project) is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
Work is primarily inside. Requirements may include being outside in all weather conditions.
Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time, use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects, lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds. Climb up and down a ladder, scaffolds, and other objects. Stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
Contact Number: (203) 642-3530
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable