Rabine Paving is a full-service provider of commercial asphalt and concrete parking lots servicing the Chicagoland area and surrounding states including Wisconsin, Indiana and Michigan. Rabine Paving engineers, constructs and maintains parking lots of all sizes throughout the Midwest. In Chicago, they service utility companies and specialize in pavement repairs including roads, sidewalks and parking lots.
Rabine Paving is looking for an experienced Estimator/Civil Construction Coordinator to optimize our use of HCSS, HeavyBid and HeavyJob.
- Perform cost reports and take-offs
- Proficiently work in HCSS, HeavyBid and HeavyJob modules
- Work directly with VP of Operations to optimize our use of various software
- Train employees on various software
- Speak with customers regarding bids and work as needed
- Work as a liaison between Operations and Estimating divisions
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- High level of experience (5+ years or knowledge base equivalent) of HCSS, HeavyBid and HeavyJob
- Ability to work well with team members
- Ability to work on various projects on short deadlines
- Organizational skills
- Technological skills
- Leadership abilities
- Construction knowledge
- Engineering knowledge
- Willingness to coach teammates to optimize use of relevant software
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree is required
- Postgraduate degree is preferred
- Construction experience
- Engineering experience
- 5+ years (or knowledge base equivalent) of HCSS, HeavyBid and HeavyJob
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job operates in a professional office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This role also uses various engineering and construction programs and modules.
This is largely a sedentary role. This role requires the individual to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. This role requires the individual to make substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers often. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and/or extensive reading.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to
5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain its status. Extended hours may be required based on the business need.
This role does not require travel.
The Rabine Group and its companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact Number: 7087244102
Salary Type: Per Week
Salary Range: Negotiable