R.B. Robinson Contracting, Inc., an established earthwork/underground utility contractor with more than 45 years in continuous operation needs a Lead Construction Estimator due to the upcoming retirement of its long-dedicated 72 year-old estimator.
The Lead Estimator is a key position in our Company and we are looking for long-term team mate!
Position is immediately available and will have a strong potential for growth. This position will require more than 40 hours per week.
Company offers competitive benefits including health insurance and 401K, both including employer contributions, among others.
The Lead Estimator will support management, operations, and estimating staff in the review of project plans, requirements, and specifications.
The Lead Estimator will organize and supervise teams comprised of entry-level to management-level employees and will perform pricing and bidding of construction projects.
The Lead Estimator will manage the list of potential upcoming projects and assist in prioritizing the estimating resources.
This position will be challenging and in this role you will have the opportunity to assist in maintaining existing and building new client relationships.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Prioritize the efforts of the estimating department based primarily on Company goals.
- Preparation of accurate takeoffs.
- Solidify estimating procedures, forms, documentation, etc.
- Lead in the preparation and/or prepare bid packages, bid forms, change orders, and written scopes/proposals.
- Present quotes and estimates to company management and customers.
- Lead in the determination of and assign costs for all resources in an estimate. Resources include, labor, equipment, subcontractors. materials, etc.
- Maintain a log of potential sources of work and status of ongoing/outstanding bids.
- Evaluate project logistics and project schedules.
- Maintain a log of bids and associated results.
- Compare and analyze subcontractor, supplier, and material pricing.
- Maintain the software packages within the Estimating department and the associated databases.
- Assist in synchronizing the estimating department costs with the accounting department associated costs for various resources.
- Turn over bid documents and/or prepare information for project managers to build successfully bid projects.
- Compare estimating costs with field costs and align future estimates with likely field costs.
- Other duties as assigned and required.
Projects are primarily focused in Upstate NY and Northern PA, and occasionally other locations. We live and work in a beautiful part of the world!
We perform bonded and non-bonded, public, private, industrial, and institutional projects.
Broad construction experience is excellent and field experience in the construction industry will be viewed favorably.
General qualifications include:
- Civil engineering, construction management, construction technology, or similar degree preferred but not required.
- Significant construction experience. Typically 5-10+ years in the industry.
- Construction estimating experience.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment while working on multiple projects.
- Knowledge of heavy construction means and methods, costs, and engineering principles.
- Ability to lead teams of varying sizes and skill sets.
- Capability of leading lump-sum bids, negotiated bids, and budget-stage estimates.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Considerable computer/software/networking skills. Software packages include HCSS HeavyBid, InSite SiteWork, InSite Field General, Carlson IntelliCAD, MS Excel/Word/Project, Google Drive/Docs/Sheets, Dropbox, Foundation for Windows, Adobe Acrobat.
Reply with a resume including contact information and/or previous employers for your response to be considered. Work-related references are helpful and strongly encouraged.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable