We are a rapidly growing construction firm specializing in contracts with the State and Federal Government nationwide. This position is located in the Redding, CA area.
We are looking for a construction cost estimator that is familiar with a wide variety of current cost estimating software and the willingness to learn company estimating processes and procedures.
The Construction Cost Estimator will support and work with pre-construction/business development staff in the review of project plans, requirements and specifications. The Estimator shall perform quantity take-offs, pricing, and bidding of Federal Construction projects and have extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles.
The successful candidate will possess impeccable personal integrity and business ethics, and a demonstrated track record as a team player who places ultimate value not just on his/her own achievement but on elevating the entire team.
- Analyze and compile estimate data that impact the cost of labor, materials, equipment requirements, location and other factors to ensure a high quality and timely estimate
- Review drawings and specifications and proposed project site conditions; record findings and solicit input from field operations or senior management to include in final project estimate
- Analyze alternative solutions and construction methods to increase competitiveness of the bid
- Perform quantity takeoffs and bid pricing utilizing HEAVY BID software or equivalent. All other software is a plus
- Utilize existing cost history to complete estimate
- Ability to read technical Government instructions with great reading comprehension
- Develop and submit overall proposal that includes all pricing, conditions, clarifications, inclusions, exclusions and produce written technical procedures of the construction process
- Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids, review quotes and estimates with the Project Management team.
- Apply mathematical calculations requiring advanced analytical processes to ensure estimated costs are accurate
- Present estimate and participate in bid reviews with senior management to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Prepare detailed bid proposals, free of grammatical errors
- Communicate estimate bid information to field operations at pre-construction meetings to ensure a complete understanding of the scope of job
- Develop and maintain business relationships with various Federal agencies to maintain bid opportunities in a regional marketplace
- Willingness to travel nationwide on short notice
- Well organized, flexible, detail oriented and multi-tasked
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering, Construction Management
- 5-10 Years experience estimating heavy civil projects
- Advanced computer skills with estimating software-HCSS Heavy Bid
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office, Outlook, Excel, MS Project
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean DMV record (print out required)
- Must have deep knowledge of performing within the Federal Government arena
- Must have experience with Federal and local construction standards
- Experience estimating multiple regional projects
- Proven success within teams, and promoting good actions of other staff
- Ability to communicate with senior management
- Extremely comfortable working in a technology-driven environment
- General contracting experience is required
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with exceptional reading comprehension
- Professional conduct is required
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Contact Number: 530-222-2229
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable