Do you want to make a difference when it comes to building iconic transportation infrastructure projects? Are you looking to put your strong, heavy civil construction surveying skills to use while building roads and bridges?
Austin Bridge & Road has an opening for a Civil Superintendent in the North Texas region to work on projects from $10M – $100M. This position provides daily supervision for multiple construction crews and administrative positions engaged in construction of bridges, culverts, retaining walls, earthwork, pipes, and paving projects. This position has primary responsibility for achieving production goals, meeting construction schedules and meeting estimated costs.
- Read and interpret owner’s drawings and specifications to ensure that staff and sub-contractors understand the job requirements and the approved Plans.
- Allocate equipment and materials to foremen.
- Review and approve all Daily Control submitted by Foremen.
- Monitor all aspects of cost and production and make corrections in the organization of manpower or methods as required to meet budget and schedule.
- Supervise FOM to ensure that all required records and reports are up to date.
- Ensure that all aspects of company’s safety, OSHA, and E.E.O. programs are carried out on the jobsite.
- Coordinate and monitor the equipment and materials.
- Company policy compliance.
- Conduct Safety Meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering preferred
- 10+ years’ of heavy civil experience
- Experience managing heavy civil projects from $10M – $100M.
- DOT experience
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company! To learn more about Austin’s Employee Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/core-values.html
About Austin Bridge and Road
A leader in the heavy highway and transportation infrastructure industry for more than 100 years, Austin Bridge & Road has built landmark projects from Arizona to North Carolina, including complex urban highway interchanges, tollways, runways, port facilities, border crossings, automated people mover guide-ways and specialty bridges. Our customers rely on our expertise in construction management on conventionally bid projects and newer procurement methods, including design-build, construction manager at-risk and construction management/general contracting.
Austin Bridge & Road is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of Austin Bridge & Road, L.P. to assure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment without regards to their race, religion, sex, color or national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics or status. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
No agency inquiries please. Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, becomes the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.
Contact Number: 214-492-5337
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable