Miller Bros. Const., Inc. is currently seeking a Civil Site/ Roadway Project Manager/Estimator for projects in the Central OH (Columbus).
This position will provide overall supervision and coordination on a few smaller projects or one large project that will require interfacing of heavy/civil road and site projects. This position requires maintaining a strong working relationship with general contractors, developers, suppliers, subcontractors and inspectors, utilizing outstanding project management, estimating and customer service skills.
- Direct all job personnel in the implementation of safety & EOE.
- Analyze and update cost information on job cost reporting data.
- Review all billings to ensure accurate reflection of job cost.
- Submit regular billings to owners and general contractor to ensure prompt payment.
- Process all change orders as required by project owners to include detail necessary for job cost reporting software.
- Maintain monthly profit/loss accountability for individual projects to include job cost controls and take proactive measures to meet or beat budgeted costs.
- Present and discuss change order needs with owners and owners’ representatives.
- Create purchase orders and subcontracts for projects assigned.
- Read and interpret owner’s drawings and specifications insuring that staff and sub-contractors understand all the specific job requirements.
- Schedule and coordinate all resources as needed to complete the project.
- Monitor self-performed work to ensure labor and equipment resources are in line with needs.
- Review daily time sheets to insure accurate job cost data.
- Create and maintain general schedule and update schedule as job progresses or changes.
- Provide all personnel and sub-contractor personnel with sufficient notice to ensure all work is started on schedule.
- Lead and support estimating efforts
- Review and analyze project plans and specifications
- Perform quantity take-off and prepare cost estimates
- Solicit subcontractor and supplier quotes to assure sufficient coverage of all scopes on bid day
- Obtain and review quotations from subcontractor and suppliers to confirm best price and work scope coverage
- Professionalism in accordance with Miller Bros. Const., Inc’s core values and company policy
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent preferred, but may be substituted by experience.
- 5-10+ years of experience in the Civil Site/Roadway construction industry with experience in earthwork and underground utilities, etc.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan all with a competitive salary and monthly vehicle allowance plan to qualifying applicants.
Miller Bros. Const., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For consideration, email resume to: hr@Mbcholdings.com
Contact Number: 419-445-1015
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable