Provide comprehensive estimates by analyzing all bid documents for civil work primarily in the private commercial market in Connecticut and Westchester County. Duties include, but are not limited to, setting productions rates, crew sizes and overall strategy and structure of the estimate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluating all bid specifications, drawings, and all related documents to ensure a complete and comprehensive scope of work.
- Be knowledgeable of earthwork, foundations, deep excavations, shoring and structural concrete, rock removal, material management, storm and sanitary sewer systems, underground utilities, hardscapes, paving, miscellaneous concrete and all other aspects of commercial site work.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and perform site work evaluations.
- Perform analysis of costs, profitability, and scope/nature of work to be performed.
- Identify labor, material and time requirements required to perform work.
- Responsible for all aspects of taking off projects and working closely with Takeoff Technicians.
- Interaction with suppliers, subcontractors, and clients.
- Prepare pre-job and initial project schedules.
- Communicate regularly with other employees to develop winning bids, develop supplier, subcontractor and client relationships.
- Comprehensive knowledge of crew composition, production rates and material requirements including waste and yield factors.
- Provide all estimates as required and submit to Chief Estimator for review.
- Follow up with clients post bid.
- Miscellaneous duties as required.
- Education: Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or similar, plus two or more years as an Estimating Engineer.
- Specialized knowledge: Proficient in software programs used in estimating with a particular emphasis on HCSS estimating software is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be very organized and detail oriented.
- Possess strong mathematical and computer skills.
Contact Number: (203) 642-3530
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable