Murphy Pipe & Civil is a pipeline construction company providing the energy, water and mining sectors with some of the world’s most innovative pipeline solutions. We have a proven track record of delivering large-scale projects, both in Australia and internationally, and continue to lead the way in the pipeline construction industry through technology and innovative solutions.
Our fleet of ground-breaking equipment and world-class systems and procedures deliver clients a balance of safer, greener and more efficient project outcomes.
Through continuous improvement and training programs, we offer employees a long-term and dynamic career path across industries including energy, mining and civil construction.
Job Summary: Transportation Truck Driver
We are currently seeking Transportation Truck Drivers to work on the construction of 20 + miles of large diameter water pipeline (HDPE) managed by the General Superintendent.
You will be required to work a project roster, which could include working up to 6 days straight with 1 days off.
These are physical jobs and require you to be physically fit and able to work in all types of weather, year round.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip daily equipment checks.
- Read geographic maps and follow instructions, to reach sites.
- Drives water/caliche truck to well sites.
- Hauls equipment, water, material (gravel, caliche) to approved site.
- Operates, services, washes and ensures proper maintenance and security for Company vehicle and other property for which responsible.
- Learns and follows all HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) policies at all times.
- Learns and uses appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) at all times.
- Drives commercial vehicles over various types of road conditions and terrain, including highways, rural roads including paved and gravel surfaces, and off road situations including two track roads.
- Fills out time sheets, work sheets, DOT (Department of Transportation) logs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Conduct business with the highest ethical standards; demonstrate decision-making skills that ensure the safety of all persons associated with the project.
- These requirements reflect the minimum requirements for the entry level position.
- Maintains all conditions and restrictions associated with their CDL license, including hours of service requirements.
- High School education or equivalent preferred.
- Commercial truck driving experience preferred.
- Able to determine the safety of operating water, dump, and/ or belly dump truck based on daily walk around pre-trip and post-trip checks.
- Understands when it is safe to drive, despite adverse weather condition.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid class A CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) with Tanker endorsements and a clean driving record.
To apply for this opportunity, you will require a good resume showing experience within the last 5 years.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Candidates who are bilingual in English and Spanish will be highly regarded.
- Ability to lift heavy loads continuously.
- Ability to work outside daily for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
- Broad understanding of pipeline construction, including, but not limited to:
- Excavation and Trenching
- Pipeline construction
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, plan work and establish priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the major responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand or walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop or bend; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in some work environments can be moderate.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable