COMANCO Environmental Corporation has an excellent career opportunity for a Superintendent! We are looking for a self-driven and team-oriented Superintendent: someone who wants to work for an established and successful nation-wide construction management company with great benefits and exemplary Safety culture, going above and beyond in their position to help COMANCO meet its business goals.
COMANCO Superintendents work in a team environment, receiving an on-going support of dedicated co-workers & management, as well as safe equipment and technology. At COMANCO, our field personnel and supervisors regularly complete Safety and task training, and they know how to perform their job safely and efficiently, using top-of-the-line equipment and technology.
The ideal candidate for the Superintendent position will:
- quickly learn COMANCO systems and processes and respect the established procedures
- adhere to and promote COMANCO Safety-Quality-Service values
- effectively manage and motivate crew members
- maintain productive and long-lasting relationships with our clients and vendors
- have the desire to succeed and learn about environmental construction industry
A Successful Superintendent must be a team player who has:
- Excellent supervisory skills to effectively lead and motivate crew members
- Solid interpersonal skills to collaborate and communicate with clients, vendors, inspectors, and co-workers at the various levels in the organization (office, fleet & field employees, Project Managers).
- Planning and scheduling skills to effectively lead construction projects to completion safely, on time and on/under budget.
- Provide the management and technical direction for the safety, quality, productivity and profitability of your project. The Superintendent is responsible for completion of each task within the project scope.
- The Superintendent must ensure that the right person is doing the right job. The Superintendent must communicate each task to individuals performing the tasks and assure the task are performed within the time and budget allowed.
- Responsible for the efficient, proper use and safeguarding of equipment.
- Interface with customers in a positive manner: earn the trust of the customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety ‘ Jobsite Safety is #1 Priority: Maintain a safe, drug-free workplace. Enforce Safety Policies and Procedures. Perform audits to make sure that crew is adhering to company safety policies. Conduct daily toolbox talks. Ensure that proper safety equipment is available and used.
- Quality ‘ Deliver safe and reliable product to the Client, meeting or exceeding customers’ expectations and project specifications the first time every time.
- Oversee Quality Control compliance.
- Scheduling ‘ Schedule labor, equipment and tools to accomplish the job in a safe manner and reducing operating cost. Obtain material with the lead time to make sure it will be available when work begins. Schedule equipment maintenance and ensure the maintenance is performed regularly. Drive the schedule using manpower, tools, and equipment in a safe manner.
- Productivity and Project Management ‘ Supervise, monitor, and improve daily production rates. Understand the Project Budget and production requirements. Strive to beat the budget. Understand Project Contract, Specifications, and Drawings. Know what is in our Scope and what is outside our Scope. Understand Contract Specifications well enough to recognize Change Orders.
- Documentation Complete the paperwork required by the position accurately and in a timely manner:
- Accidents and/or incidents are to be reported immediately.
- Time sheets are accurately coded with the correct job number and phase code and turned in daily.
- Provide accurate and detailed project related information in the daily logs.
- Record accurate quantity of work performed for each phase code.
- Record accurate beginning and ending meter readings for each piece of equipment daily.
- Report accurate quantity of gallons of diesel fuel dispensed to each piece of equipment.
- Submit complete and accurate expense reports weekly.
- Submit safety meetings and equipment inventory records weekly.
- Complete and turn in T&M sheets weekly for invoice.
- Ensure accurate and proper receipt, storage and coding of Project Materials.
- Managing through Leadership ‘ Motivate and inspire employees through positive reinforcement and timely feedback on expectations for safety, quality, productivity, and teamwork. Supervise and technically direct crew members and subcontractors.
- Training ‘ Provide training opportunities to subordinates for continuous improvement and cross-training.
- Customer Relations and Communications ‘ Maintain positive, continuous communication with customers. Keep Owner advised of project schedule and changes. Obtain repeat Business from desired Clients.
- Communication within the Company ‘ Take the initiative to communicate first with people in the company and keep them informed about issues, problems and progress on the job. Notify Project Manager promptly of all Change Order Requests. Share resources with other Supervisors.
- Job Appearance ‘ Maintain a clean and safe project.
- Equipment and Vehicle Care and Appearance ‘ Take care of equipment and vehicles assigned to your projects. Assure that equipment and vehicles receive the proper maintenance. Make sure equipment is inspected upon arrival on the job. Maintain Equipment so that it is returned as good as it was received.
- Travel is required: nationwide
About COMANCO Environmental Corporation:
Over the last 27 years, COMANCO has become one of the nation’s prominent environmental construction companies. Headquartered in Plant City, Florida, COMANCO has safely and successfully completed hundreds of civil construction contracts for a diverse group of Fortune 500 companies and public agencies. Our regular clients include internationally known firms in the mining, waste management, petroleum, agricultural, chemical, and the entertainment industries. COMANCO’s team of professionals created and implemented Quality Control and Quality Assurance systems, which serve as a model within our industry.
Required Education and Experience:
- Five plus years of experience in the construction trade in a Supervisory role.
- Trained and certified to operate heavy equipment.
- Must be able to use computer and software for reporting and communication
- Willingness to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced work environment
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to juggle multiple priorities
COMANCO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Short term disability plan paid by COMANCO
- Long term disability plan
- Basic Life insurance paid by COMANCO
- Voluntary life insurance for employees and their dependents
- Premium Only Plan – Section 125
- 401(k) Plan and Company Matching Funds
- Vacation pay
- Employee Referral Award
- Anniversary Recognition Program
- Wellness Program with incentives and rewards
- Employee Professional Development Program and Training
Drug free workplace. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Contact Number: 813-988-8829
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable