COMANCO Environmental Corporation has an excellent career opportunity for a successful and experienced Project Manager to join our team of construction professionals, establish productive relationships with clients, and take ownership for safe and profitable completion of assigned projects.
We offer energizing and challenging work environment, training and excellent benefits. The COMANCO Project Manager will work in a team environment, receiving on-going support from management, Project Engineers and colleagues.
COMANCO Project Manager will travel to project job sites, as well as pre-bid, pre-construction, project progress and client meetings in various locations across the U.S.
The ideal candidate for the Project Manager position will:
- Quickly learn COMANCO processes & software and respect the established procedures
- Take charge, act proactively and remain in control of the progress on assigned projects
- Build productive and long-lasting relationships with our clients and vendors
- Embrace challenging projects and situations. Adapt to changes quickly and inspire others
- Be willing to travel
- Perform well under pressure and demanding schedules
- Recognize and solve issues effectively and quickly.
About COMANCO Environmental Corporation:
Over the last 27 years, COMANCO has become one of the nation’s prominent environmental protection construction companies. Headquartered in Plant City, Florida, COMANCO has safely and successfully completed hundreds of civil construction contracts for a diverse group of Fortune 500 companies and public agencies. Our regular clients include internationally known firms in the mining, waste management, petroleum, agricultural, chemical, and the entertainment industries. COMANCO’s team of professionals created and implemented Quality Control and Quality Assurance systems, which serve as a model within our industry. Check our web site for the latest updates about our projects: www.comanco.com
Project Manager executes the management of the COMANCO construction projects from pre-job planning through final acceptance by client. A successful COMANCO Project Manager assures the project is profitable and safe. The COMANCO Project Manager takes care of the Customers and promotes the COMANCO brand: Safety, Quality and Service by delivering high quality results safely, on schedule, and on budget.
PROJECT MANAGER’S RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – #1 Priority. Project Manager ensures that projects run in a safe manner: crew members know how to perform tasks safely; proper safety equipment is used and necessary safety measures are implemented to complete the project with no injuries.
- Schedules and leads all pre-job planning meetings
- Reviews each project’s Safety Plan with a Superintendent and a Safety Department at a pre-job planning meeting. Go over the project’s JSA with the Superintendent and crew on the 1st day on the job.
- Attends pre-construction and project progress meetings.
- Ensures all submittals are prepared and submitted according to contract requirements.
- Accurately completes project buy-out, issues P.O.’s, locates supplies and vendors.
- Creates and issues sub-contracts for all sub-contractors performing any work on COMANCO job sites. Verifies that sub-contractors have proper COI and W/C insurance certificates. Arranges for the sub-contractors to attend pre-job meetings.
- Actively schedules and manages the delivery of materials and the work of sub-contractors.
- Prepares, updates and pushes project schedule, communicating changes to the project team.
- Proactively keeps all parties updated on job schedule and status.
- Reviews and approves project related timesheets, invoices, and expense reports. Ensures that labor, equipment, and expenses are coded to the proper phase code.
- Accurately tracks project costs on a weekly basis using job costing system.
- Understands and reviews project cost and updates cost projections on a weekly basis.
- Ensures that all change orders are captured on the project.
- Ensures that estimated production rates are met or exceeded.
- Ensures that expenses incurred are in accordance with the project estimate.
- Ensures that the project is completed realizing at least the estimated gross profit margin.
- Invoices customer on a frequency that maximizes project cash flow.
- Follows up and makes certain that customer payments are received when due.
- Puts together and reviews project close-out documents before they are delivered to the customer: warranty, QC documentation, as-builds, waivers, bond requirements, operations manuals.
- Conducts post-job review on each completed project and distributes information to all related Company personnel.
- Actively seeks ways to increase productivity and reduce costs to increase project profitability.
- Addresses Customer’s questions and concerns ensuring that the customer receives a quality product at the expected price.
- Maintains easy access to Customer, GC, Comanco personnel, Subs and Suppliers: responds quickly to calls or written inquiries
- Bachelor Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business, or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
- Proven successful multiphase construction project completion history (Quality, Schedule, Safety, Actual Cost vs. Estimated Cost).
- Excellent PC skills is a must
- Thorough knowledge of contract documents (project plans and specifications), equipment utilization, scheduling systems/computer software, productivity analysis, construction operations, and cash flow procedures
- Experience with geosynthetic liner installation, mass excavation, site utilities with specific emphasis on fused piping and geosynthetics associated with landfill construction is a plus
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence) skills are required.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
Compensation is based on your experience and qualifications. COMANCO offers a competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Short term disability plan paid by COMANCO
- Long term disability plan
- Basic Life insurance paid by COMANCO
- Voluntary life insurance for employees and their dependents
- Premium Only Plan – Section 125
- 401(k) Plan and Company Matching Funds
- 401(k) Financial Advisor
- Dedicated Benefits Service Representative
- Vacation pay
- Holiday pay
- Employee Referral Award
- Anniversary Recognition Program
- Safety Program with incentives and rewards
- Wellness Program with incentives and rewards
- Professional Development Program and Training
Drug free workplace. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable