Working out of our Boston, MA office, the Project Engineer will have responsibility for project start-up and planning, on-site project management in directing operational team/s and equipment, and completing execution of the work within the time scheduled and in accordance with the technical, qualitative and safety requirements of the work. They will also support business development by overseeing project related bid processes.
Project Engineering Activities and Responsibilities:
- Manage project engineering and related personnel functions and activities. Includes personnel planning and administration, work assignments, etc.
- Insure project engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall construction schedule.
- Provide technical support for construction effort including participation in construction planning and design, interpretation of design, application of construction methods, resolution and documentation of design conflicts, constructability reviews, etc.
- Develop, implement and administer project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents
- Represent company and project during client and project management meetings.
- Interface all on-site departments as required to resolve problems, ensure quality of construction, etc. in support of overall project schedule.
- Perform additional assignments per Project Manager’s direction.
Estimating/Business Development Activities and Responsibilities:
- Prepare geotechnical construction bids including deep soil mixing, jet grouting and rigid inclusions technologies
- Prepare and manage requests for pricing, including costs related to materials, equipment, labor, etc.
Other Activities and Responsibilities:
- Fully support current QHSE policies and regulations, ensuring that all Company and OSHA safety regulations are met and enforced
- Promote the values of the TREVIICOS Ethics Policy
- Perform additional assignments per the Project Manager’s direction
Education & Experience
- 4-year degree, preferably in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Field or Project Engineer in deep foundations projects and Heavy Construction
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Training
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Primavera software
- Proficiency in project bidding processes
- Knowledge of construction industry business practices
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent verbal/written communication
- Team player, and able to get along with individuals from other groups within the organization
- Strong problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Thorough and systematic, and is able to effectively manage time and competing deadlines
- Able to work in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Able to quickly learn new technology and business intelligence tools
- Motivated and eager to learn industry concepts
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any company.
TREVIICOS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, ancestry, religion or veteran status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable