Murphy Pipe & Civil is a pipeline construction company providing the energy, water and mining sectors with some of the world’s most innovative pipeline solutions. We have a proven track record of delivering large-scale projects, both in Australia and internationally, and continue to lead the way in the pipeline construction industry through technology and innovative solutions.
Our fleet of ground-breaking equipment and world-class systems and procedures delivers clients a balance of safer, greener and more efficient project outcomes.
Through continuous improvement and training programs, we offer employees a long-term and dynamic career path across industries including energy, mining and civil construction.
Job Summary: Pipe Fuser / Poly (HDPE) Welder
We are currently seeking Pipe Fuser / Poly (HDPE) Welders to work on the construction of 20 + miles of large diameter water pipeline (HDPE) managed by the General Superintendent.
You will be required to work a project roster, which could include working up to 21 days straight with 7 days off.
These are physical jobs and require you to be physically fit and able to work in all types of weather, year round.
- Install new HDPE pipe.
- Assist other teammates in the installation and pressure testing of pipe.
- Maintain needed levels of parts and supplies.
- Assist in loading/unloading of trucks.
- Actively participate in project safety meetings.
- Responsible for project specific equipment and material inventory and rental equipment management.
- Conduct business with the highest ethical standards; demonstrate decision-making skills that ensure the safety of all persons associated with the project.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Drivers’ license – with good driving record.
- Minimum 3 years of Oil and Gas industry construction and construction management experience.
To apply for this opportunity, you will require a good resume showing experience with military, farming, construction, mechanical employment, or some form of physical labor within the last 5 years.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have 2+ years of pipe fusion / poly welder experience
- Able to work with HDPE pipe, including fast fuse, electrofuse, socket fuse and butt fuse.
- Must be familiar with testing and tapping procedures.
- Candidates who are bilingual in English and Spanish will be highly regarded.
- Mechanical aptitude necessary.
- Ability to lift heavy loads continuously.
- Ability to work outside daily for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
- Broad understanding of pipeline construction, including, but not limited to:
- Excavation and Trenching
- Pipeline construction
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, plan work and establish priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the major responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand or walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop or bend; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in some work environments can be moderate.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable