POSITION SUMMARY: The individual in this position will collaborate with other team members to develop detailed estimates, proposals, and schedules on construction projects primarily focused around self-performing the concrete, earthwork and various tasks as needed in the industrial market.
- Must be able to read and understand geotechnical reports, project specifications, and drawings.
- Will be responsible for detailed and accurate quantity takeoffs for labor, material, and equipment.
- Will be responsible for soliciting and qualifying subcontractor proposals and vendor pricing.
- Will develop and implement bid strategies, perform risk analysis, and develop bid alternatives.
- Must have knowledge and experience with concrete and sitework activities with regards to construction means and methods and associate that with the cost and schedule of the project.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Prepare bid submission documents including proposal letter, bid breakdowns, work execution plan, and schedule.
- Ability to analyze information and ask/answer questions.
- Must be able to correlate task based on crew productions and formulate logical links between activities to generate a project schedule.
- Must be able to collaborate with others.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally, as well as complete and store information in an organized manner electronically.
- Will be expected to store and maintain information within the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) program.
- Must respond positively and quickly to constantly changing workflows.
- Can estimate a small to large project from start to finish with little to no oversight.
- Take initiative to implement better work practices as they pertain to estimating.
- Travel and attend pre-bid and post-bid meetings as needed.
- Actively mentor direct reports.
- 5 years+ estimating in industrial construction industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management/Engineering or equivalent
- Additional, relevant estimating experience will be considered
- Must have strong computer skills and be well versed in Word, Excel, and Outlook. Additional preference given if experienced in Microsoft Project, HCSS Heavy Bid, P6 Primavera, Cosential, WinEst Mater and/or ISQFT On-Screen Takeoff
- Experience with heavy industrial concrete and/or earthwork is desired
- Must be able to manage multiple estimates and meet specific bid deadlines
- Must possess sound organizational and time management skills
- Detail orientated.
- Some travel will be required
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable