Job Description & Duties:
We currently are searching for an ambitious candidate experienced in estimating for a general contractor with a thorough understanding of heavy highway/civil site construction and HCSS estimating software.
- Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documents to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, and services for our type of work
- Efficiently read blueprints and understand industry pricing
- Experience with cost estimation process, as well as finance related experience
- Review accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing. Determine labor and equipment costs.
- Understand project logistics and project schedule
- Provide complete conceptual (or bid work) and final estimating input on complex projects.
- Ensure all working documents and data is maintained to back up estimates
- He or she will be responsible for hard bid, negotiated, and design/build projects in both the public and private sectors
- Able to work on multiple projects and maintain contact with field personnel to handle questions, regarding RFI’s, change orders, and technically related issues
- Responsible for all phases of the contract from bidding, start-up, construction, and closeout
- Responsible for job packaging, scheduling, cost & job tracking, permitting, and must present well to clients, owners and subcontractors
- HCSS Estimating Software knowledge IS REQUIRED.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5-8) years of heavy civil/project experience with General Contractor, specialty or related experience
- Computer skills with proficiency in Heavy Bid Estimating Software, Primavera Suretrack Software, Agtek and MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) is a plus
- Highly motivated and dedicated to complete tasks accurately and efficiently
- Experience in field operations management and estimating from a contractor’s perspective
- Strong teamwork, communication, self-motivation, leadership, professionalism and organizational skills.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable