Murphy Pipe & Civil is a pipeline construction company providing the energy, water and mining sectors with some of the world’s most innovative pipeline solutions. We have a proven track record of delivering large-scale projects, both in Australia and internationally, and continue to lead the way in the pipeline construction industry through technology and innovative solutions.
Our fleet of ground-breaking equipment and world-class systems and procedures delivers clients a balance of safer, greener and more efficient project outcomes.
Through continuous improvement and training programs, we offer employees a long–term and dynamic career path across industries including energy, mining and civil.
Job Summary: Heavy Equipment Operator
- Maintain Inspections of all heavy equipment operated.
- Assists in the maintenance of the equipment if needed.
- Operates various pieces of equipment to include loaders, bull dozers, excavators, blade and trucks.
- Loads haul trucks timely.
- Responsible for ensuring equipment is properly maintained.
- Operates company equipment over various types of terrain, including sand and gravel surfaces.
- Washes equipment according to company standards.
- Learns and follows all Company HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) Policies at all times.
- Knows and uses appropriate PPE (Personal protective Equipment) at all times.
- Knows and follows rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Must have proof of current valid OSHA 10 hour Construction Training or Safeland Training
- High School diploma or equivalent certification required.
- A minimum of 1 year of related experience required.
- Valid vehicle operator’s license required.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Able to multi-task in fast paced environment.
- Works well with others.
- Basic problem solving and organizational skills.
- Able to deal with wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat/cold.
- Work environment may include moving mechanical parts, airborne particles and moderate to loud noise, requiring consistent use of appropriate PPE.
- Candidates who are bilingual in English and Spanish will be highly regarded.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the major responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand or walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop or bend; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in some work environments can be moderate.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable