- Identify scope of work and perform quantity takeoff from RFQ information for heavy civil projects.
- Review available plans and specifications to make sure estimate effort is in compliance.
- Perform conceptual estimates at times when detailed design information is not yet available.
- Solicit pricing from material vendors and subcontractors.
- Coordinate with other team members to develop overall estimate on larger projects.
- Ensure compliance with company standards risks and client requirements.
- Work with in-house design team to ensure estimated construction methods and schemes to perform the work are safe, workable and efficient.
- Ensure estimates are complete, well organized, and ready for review by the estimating project team.
- Develop project schedules to ensure projects can be completed to meet owner requirements and that company resources are used efficiently.
- Ensure estimates address all potential safety risks and concerns.
- Develop innovative means and methods for completing projects to increase competitiveness and margins.
- Prepare proposals when necessary, and include information to document the basis of proposal.
- Maintain base bid documents and organize estimate information.
- Coordinate with the Cianbro operations team on successful bids to provide a thorough transition to the project team.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- The successful candidate will have a four year engineering degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or experience.
- 7-10 years of estimating heavy civil bridge experience required or equivalent field experience
- Bridge/heavy civil dam, concrete, steel, pile driving, coffer dam experience required.
- Ability to estimate other areas (structural, civil, etc) on smaller projects is a plus.
- Requires strong computer skills, familiarity with scheduling and estimating software (HCSS) and MS Office.
Cianbro is an employee owned, tobacco-free, equal opportunity employer of women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected categories.
Contact Number: 866-242-6276
Salary Type: Per Week
Salary Range: Negotiable