COMANCO Environmental Corporation has an excellent career opportunity for a Fleet Manager!
Our construction management team is looking for a self-driven and energetic Fleet Manager: someone who wants to work for an established and successful nationwide construction company, going above and beyond in their position to help COMANCO meet its business goals.
We offer energizing and challenging work environment, training, growth opportunities and excellent benefits. The COMANCO Fleet Manager will work in a team environment, receiving an on-going support, guidance, and training from multiple Departments.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- quickly learn COMANCO systems and processes and respect the established procedures
- build productive and long-lasting relationships with our clients and vendors
- enjoy working in high-energy and fast-paced business environment
A successful COMANCO Fleet Manager provides leadership to Fleet employees, offers guidance and advice on equipment related issues and implements effective ways to procure, maintain, and dispose of equipment to achieve the lowest overall cost of equipment operations for COMANCO. The COMANCO Fleet Manager promotes the COMANCO brand by maintaining focus on Safety, Quality and Service in all aspects of Fleet operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain safety as #1 priority. Exemplify and reinforce safety as a top priority.
- Conduct research and present options to the President regarding acquiring and disposing of equipment to keep Fleet operating at the lowest cost while maximizing utilization of current equipment.
- Ensure that all equipment is properly and timely maintained and/or repaired.
- Establish service schedules on equipment for warranty compliance.
- Daily review J D Link machine monitoring and address hours utilization.
- Oversee that equipment repairs and maintenance are performed in a timely and cost effective manner (both in the shop and at the project sites), utilizing both internal and external resources to ensure lowest possible final cost of repairs.
- Ensure that all equipment is completely inspected at least once a year and is calibrated based on the manufacturer’s recommendations or government standards.
- Review equipment related charges and communicate with vendors to assure that all repairs are legitimate and necessary and are performed in the most cost-effective way.
- Review oil scans and address issues as required.
- Analyze equipment service, repair requests, and complaints. Advise operations personnel on efficient ways to solve equipment issues. Develop a strategy required for optimal equipment maintenance, performance, and good customer relations. Identify sources of maintenance, fueling, repairs and spare parts.
- Proactively communicate updates about out of service equipment to the field operations team. Address all reports of damage of equipment with operations to avoid the same issues in the future.
- Assess Fleet related issues, inquiries, requests and objectives and provide leadership and direction with making decisions.
- Establish and communicate priorities to Fleet personnel. Assure that tasks and projects are assigned in the most efficient manner with the goal of producing superior services and equipment to the COMANCO field operations.
- Review Fleet employees’ performance and training to ensure skilled workforce and professional development of employees. Train, coach, discipline and develop employees.
- Ensure that the shop and yard are properly maintained, functional, safe and clean.
- Assure that accurate information is recorded in the Spectrum system.
- Ensure equipment related purchases are made in accordance with the Corporate purchasing policy and that proper purchase documents, including a P.O., are created prior to making a purchase.
- Prepare and comply with the annual Fleet department budget by forecasting expenditures and capital requirements. Continually analyze and review budgetary and financial Fleet data.
- Create and update reports to monitor financial performance of COMANCO’s Fleet: utilize Spectrum reports and reporting capabilities of the system.
- Direct short- and long-range planning for fleet operations and acquisitions, customer service, and financial objectives.
Continually research ways to reduce cost and improve efficiency of Fleet operations. Utilize technology to accomplish tasks quickly and accurately.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with other departments at Comanco.
- Attend meetings as requested: present and communicate information to Fleet and operations staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Company Executives.
- Take charge and act proactively and remains in control of the Fleet operations.
- Assumes ownership of the Fleet operations success.
- Lead others by example and “sets the pace”.
- Embrace challenging projects and situations. Adapt to changes quickly and inspire others.
- Follow through on assignments with little supervision.
- Perform well under pressure and demanding schedules.
- Recognize and solve issues effectively and quickly.
- Be willing to “go the extra mile” when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Fleet Manager should have working knowledge and skills in the following:
- Principles and practices of supervision.
- State and federal environmental laws concerning the handling of hazardous materials routinely used in the repair and maintenance of vehicles.
- Effective training methods in repair techniques or equipment operation.
- OSHA regulations to establish safety policies and procedures for fleet service operations.
- Estimating cost of vehicle repairs to determine advisability of acquiring, repairing or disposing of equipment.
- Safe operation of vehicles and equipment to travel to off-site locations.
- Preparing and administering a budget.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or GED plus technical education; or five plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills: Working Knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software, Word Processing software, Outlook.
- Excellent communication, organizational, team building, and leadership skills are required.
- Have and maintain a valid driver license with a clean driving record.
COMANCO offers a comprehensive Benefits package:
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
Short term disability plan paid by COMANCO
Long term disability plan
Basic Life insurance paid by COMANCO
Voluntary life insurance for employees and their dependents
Premium Only Plan – Section 125
401(k) Plan and Company Matching Funds
Vacation pay and Holiday Pay
Employee Referral Award
Anniversary Recognition Program
Wellness Program with incentives and rewards
Professional Development Program and Training
Drug free workplace. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Contact Number: 813-988-8829
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable