Haskell Corporation is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Chief Estimator to lead our Industrial estimating effort. The primary responsibility will be to manage and oversee our bidding process including initial client relations, execution plan development, contracting strategy, estimating, subcontractor/vendor interface, and final proposal development. Once prospects are identified, the Chief Estimator will lead effective strategies for winning simultaneous project bidding efforts.
Prime contracts may include Lump Sum (L.S.) plans and spec., L.S. Engineer/Procure/Construct (EPC), Construction Manager at Risk(CMAR), or Time and Materials T&M). Our preferred Candidate will have 10 – 15 years of relevant experience leading all aspects of the industrial estimating efforts in all of these contracting environments.
The leading candidate shall be highly adept at conducting comprehensive reviews of potential RFP’s, organizing and managing the in-house estimating effort, soliciting and managing subcontract RFQ’s for the respective sub-bids, managing the in-house takeoff tasks, and overseeing the entire RFP. In addition, this individual shall prepare for and conduct the senior management review of each bid identifying potential risks associated with each prospect. They will also be responsible for maintaining the in-house estimating systems to ensure their accuracy, integrity, and in keeping with current state-of-the –art systems throughout the industry. He or she will have a thorough understanding of construction scheduling techniques and how schedules impact and affect project estimates. The ideal candidate will also possess the ability to lead a team and ensure the ongoing professional development of his or her staff, have an understanding of labor relations in the union construction environment, and assist in both mitigating and managing risk for the company.
Expectations and preferred skillsets to include:
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, construction management, or related field.
- 10+ years heavy industrial/process facility experience in cost estimating and cost control in the Mechanical, Piping, Structural, and civil fields.
- Experience with HCSS (Heavybid) Estimating software or other relational data base systems
- Knowledge of petrochemical, power generation, and/or energy related industries.
- Strong both written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and relational database programs
- Experience managing the entire proposal process and team
- Ability to lead diverse estimating team
- Capable of mentoring and training younger less-experienced estimating personnel
- Capability to quickly review and disseminate bid package documentation
- Conduct thorough and comprehensive site visits for prospective bids
- Collaborate effectively with construction management & supervision to develop a collaborative winning strategy
- Develop & nurture successful relationships with clients, subcontractors, and vendors
- Identify key project risk factors for Sr. management reviews
- Effectively manage bid process schedules to meet deadlines
Haskell Corporation is headquartered in Bellingham, WA and conducts work in nine western states including Alaska and Hawaii. It maintains offices in both Washington and Utah. We are offering a very competitive compensation package commensurate with the ideal candidates experience, matching skillsets, and capabilities. Compensation includes competitive salary, vehicle allowance, paid medical/dental/vision insurance, 401-k, vacation and bonus program.
Salary Type: Per Year
Salary Range: Negotiable